OnOurBluePlanet.org ™ is an independent, non-commercial website.
All material is written, designed and maintained by Oak at OnOurBluePlanet.org.
A universal sharing button
is found at the bottom of every post. It will take you to AddToAny’s social media sharing page.
Subscribe to OnOurBluePlanet.org:
You can subscribe for free to the content published on-line via: Free RSS subscription also found at the bottom of every post.
Please feel free to contact onourblueplanet.org if you have any comments or queries about what is published. Fill in the form on the Contact page.
All material is © copyrighted by Oak at OnOurBluePlanet.org.
It is permissible to use quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports.
Copying for private, non-commercial purposes is allowed keeping “fair use” in mind.
You may not alter or remove any copyright or other notice from copies of the content.
Copying or storing of any content for other uses than the above mentioned, is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Onourblueplanet.org.
OnOurBluePlanet.org wish to thank:
NASA for providing the magical photo on the front page, one of the most important photographs taken by anyone ever:
Earthrise at Christmas:
“Fifty years ago last Christmas, a turbulent world looked to the heavens for a unique view of our home planet. This photo of “Earthrise” over the lunar horizon was taken by the Apollo 8 crew in December 1968, showing Earth for the first time as it appears from deep space.
Astronauts Frank Borman, Jim Lovell and William Anders had become the first humans to leave Earth orbit, entering lunar orbit on Christmas Eve. In a historic live broadcast that night, the crew took turns reading from the Book of Genesis, closing with a holiday wish from Commander Borman: “We close with good night, good luck, a Merry Christmas, and God bless all of you — all of you on the good Earth.”
- INTRODUCTION: The greatness of small things – and the minuteness of the infinite.
- TWO of my favourite quotations.
- LOST in the marvels of cyberspace or the endangered art of going for a walk.
- TWO degrees of separation: Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi, Marilyn Monroe and me.
- A HOME, is a home, is a home…
- WHERE have all the flowers gone?
- THEN my feet will fall off!
- HOMO empathicus.
- A YEAR of silence.
- PRIVACY Matters: Dissent is the lifeblood of a healthy society.
- UNIVERSES come and go… trust matters.
- MARCH OF NATIONS – What a Wonderful Illusion.
- RECIEVE updates for free.